Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

August 17, 2012 [55th Wedding Anniversary]

     Fifty-five years ago today, my parents (grandparents) got married on August 17, 1957. Can you believe that my mom is nineteen in this picture. They meet and got married while both attending Wingate college. Of course, they still have plenty of arguments and screaming rants, but they still love and care for each other.
     Mom had a check-up doctor's appointment with surgeon Malkar at nine. I woke up at eight -thirty to help dad to get her into the van. Throughout the day, I vacuumed, washed dishes, did laundry, cleaned the counters and sweeped/mopped the kitchen floors. Later on in the evening as in after seven-thirty, I was outside about the mow grass, when dad gets my attention to tell me to help him get mom off the floor. She had fallen in the bathroom and couldn't get up. Mom uses a walker, but she lost her balance and fell with her back against the dresser stand. We helped her up, in which she ate dinner and went to bed afterwards. I just can't help to look at her and see how fast her health is deteriorating. I'm going to try my best to handle  tech, job, house and parents this semester. I get first hand experience of taking care of and elder. Mrs.Sylvia, Ms. Betty and Mr. Larry are coming over to the house tomorrow and also Robbie works night shift again tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment